Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lamont Peterson has a Hometown Advantage in DC Against Amir Khan

Amir Khan will defend his WBA and IBF junior welterweight titles against Lamont Peterson on December 10 on HBO, and if he's successful, it will be his final fight before a move to the welterweight division. Much of the pre-fight hype is in that direction: What's next for Amir Khan?

But Lamont Peterson is a legitimate contender, and no pushover. He'll also have home field advantage in Washington D.C., and hopes that will put him over the top.

"It’s a dream come true for me. I’ve dreamt about this day many, many times. Just attending the big fights, I would go home and go back to the gym and just wish that one day I would get my opportunity. Well, this is my chance right here to win two world titles here in my hometown.

"I’m sure Khan will be training hard to defend his titles, but I’ll be training even harder to protect my home turf," said the 27-year-old contender.

But Peterson is also expecting a good turnout of British fans coming across the pond to support Khan.

"I don’t think he chose to fight in D.C. because he’s overlooking me or anything like that. I know that a lot of his people will be here, because I’ve fought on his cards in Vegas, and they come all the way to Vegas. So I know they have no problem taking a little quick plane ride over here.

"Hopefully, we buy the tickets before they [Khan fans] come over and buy them, and they can be all my people and none of his. So the crowd can be loud, live and hyping me up and hopefully getting on his nerves."

Khan's team is expecting very strong support from traveling fans.

"We estimate about four to five thousand U.K. fans will make the trip to D.C., and with the support of worldwide fans and local boxing fans, I think Richard [Schaefer] will be very happy," said Asif Vali of Khan Promotions.

"This is the perfect city for this fight. We are happy and very excited to bring such a significant world championship bout to the District," said Schaefer.

"We want Washington to come out in big numbers and support this great fight card so we don't have to wait another 18 years for HBO to come back here for another boxing match."

Source: Khan vs Peterson: Peterson Happy, Hopeful For Hometown Advantage in D.C.

6 comments:

  1. The yard work is heinous. I totally despise it. I work full time and Dad is home during the day bored stiff. He does most of the yard work, but I know I don't want a house. I also don't want multiple stories again like the townhouse because my knees are killing me. If the townhouse was built to be sold to individuals, the walls are probably thicker than if it was originally rental. You might be surprised essay writing online service quiet they can be. The only time I ever heard the girls next door was if they were outside in the little yard, and I was in the kitchen with the windows open. My sons lived there in their early 20s, and I asked neighbors on both sides, who almost never heard them. Don't forget to consider the maintenance. If the HOA needs to replace a roof or parking lot, there might be an assessment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It’s a dream come true for me. I’ve dream about this day many, many times.
    coursework Writing Service

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great interesting post But Lamont Peterson is a legitimate contender, and no pushover. He'll also have home field advantage in Washington D.C., and hopes that will put him over the top dissertation Writing Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peterson’s, founded in 1966, is an american organization presenting a wide variety of live, print, and dissertation help online services and products such as test preparation, profession exploration equipment, reminiscence retention strategies, professional writing offerings, and faculty, economic useful resource.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right off the bat, the most critical factor to recall is that the essay helper uk choice to get hitched abroad is extremely individual and it's not something any other individual can improve the situation you - you should weigh up every one of the advantages and disadvantages and give each a measure of significance to you as a couple

    ReplyDelete